ADA Accessible Guestrooms
We strive to provide a welcoming and accommodating experience for all individuals, including those with hearing, vision or another disability. If you have difficulty learning about or booking our hotel, we invite you to contact us via telephone or email and our friendly staff will gladly assist you.
Sonoma Creek Inn
email: [email protected]
ADA Patio Queen Guestroom #14: Accessible for guests with mobility and hearing impairments:
- A bathroom with a roll-in shower equipped with a removable chair and hand-held showering device
- Grab bars in shower and around commode
- Roll up sink with a lowered mirror
- Lowered hooks for hanging clothes
- 36” clearance around the queen size bed, and clearance under the bed
- This room meets the requirements for guests with hearing impairments:
- Hard wired visual alarm in guestroom and bathroom
- Alert devices for knock at door and ringing phone
- Phone with volume control
- Electrical receptacle near phone for TTY use (TTY available at the front desk)
Additional Features of Guestroom #14, Patio Queen
Our ADA Patio Queen Guestroom is located on the first floor and feature the following:
- One queen bed
- Small patio area with a garden fountain
- Keurig coffee maker
- Flat panel television with cable
- High-speed wireless Internet access
- Desk and chair
- Spacious tiled bathrooms
- Original artwork
- Complimentary copy of Sonoma Index Tribune (available at front desk)
- One Patio Queen Guestroom is ADA accessible
- Guestroom is 245 sq/ft
There is a second guestroom accessible for guests with hearing impairments, #4:
- Hard wired visual alarm
- Alert devices for knock at door and ringing phone
- Phone with volume controlElectrical receptacle near phone for TTY use
Property Accessible Features:
- Van accessible parking spot in our complimentary parking lot with access to the check-in area and guestroom
- Convenient path of travel from the accessible parking space in the surface lot to the check in area and guestroom
- Accessible front desk for check-in
- Doors and doorways are designed to allow passage into and within guestroom and lobby
- Service animals are always welcome at Sonoma Creek Inn
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology like a screen reader, font magnification, translation or voice recognition software.
To ensure this, we are committed to compliance with Level AA success criteria of the Website Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 (WCAG 2.0), an international standard measure of accessibility success. Our website and digital marketing has been developed after carefully parsing these particular guidelines and is continuously being enhanced to make our technology more accessible and user-friendly.
We have tested our hotel’s website to ensure that we meet or exceed Level AA checkpoints of the WCAG 2.0 Standard.
If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our hotel’s website, please contact us at [email protected]
You can learn more about W3C’s Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI) HERE
This hotel website is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our hotel’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- Click Here for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support