Visiting With Your Dog
ADVANCE PET RESERVATION REQUIRED
Sonoma Creek Inn has four dog-friendly guestrooms available. If you are interested in bringing your dog, advance pet reservation as well as an additional flat fee is required.
Please call the hotel directly to make your reservation. For the safety of all guests, please read the following Fido Rules when considering to bring your dog.
- For guests staying with their dog one to four nights at Sonoma Creek Inn there is a one-time fee of $25 per dog, maximum number of two dogs allowed
- For guests staying five to eight nights, there is a one-time fee of $50 per dog
- If you are interested in staying longer than eight nights with your dog, please contact the manager regarding fees and special arrangement
SONOMA CREEK INN FIDO RULES
- Pets must be leashed and attended to at all times and are not permitted in the public areas of the hotel.
- We will clean your room between 9:00 am and 3:00 pm when your pet is not in the room. Please contact the front desk to request a specific time.
- Your pet cannot be left unattended in your room. If your pet is found in the room without you present, the manager reserves the right to take action, including asking you to leave.
- Pets may not be allowed to run free, for their own protection as well as the safety and comfort of hotel guests and staff.
- When walking pets on the property, please be considerate of other guests and clean up after your pet.
- If the pet causes any disturbances to other guests or is not kept under your control, the hotel reserves the right to take action, including asking you to leave.
- The room will be inspected the day of your departure; any extra cleaning needed or damage caused will result in additional charges to your credit card.
DOG-FRIENDLY BUSINESSES IN SONOMA
There are many opportunities to enjoy this lovely place with canine companions! Here are some of the best:
Walk North on 4th Street East past Sebastiani Winery to Brazil Street. Turn right on Brazil Street and continue to Gehricke Road. Turn right on Gehricke (or for a longer walk, go left and walk up Gehricke past Ravenswood Winery). Continue on Gehricke to Lovall Valley Road where you’ll make a right turn to take you back to 4th Street East. You’ll be strolling though vineyards on this walk.
In Town, the bike path, especially the stretch behind Sonoma Valley High School on Broadway, is a great walk. The fields behind the High School are very doggy in the early morning and early evening.
Please note: the city of Sonoma has a dog ordinance that is strictly enforced. No dogs are allowed on the downtown square, not on lawns nor sidewalks, regardless of whether they are on leashes or not.
PLACES TO EAT
Basque Boulangerie Café at 460 First Street East offers a great vantage point on the Plaza for you and your pup. Sit at one of the tables out front, have a pastry and some coffee, and watch the world (and most of Sonoma on any given day) go by…
Sebastiani Winery at the corner of Fourth Street East and East Spain Street is very dog friendly. You’ll likely see one of the resident winery dogs while you’re there. Great picnic area to enjoy a snack with your pup.
Starbuck’s Coffee in Maxwell Village Center. Dogs are welcome at tables on sidewalk in front of Starbucks. They will provide water for your pup on request.
The Sunflower Café at 421 First Street West on the Plaza allows dogs on their front patio. Water bowls are provided.
The Creekside Café located next door to the Sonoma Creek Inn at 239 Boyes Blvd welcomes dogs at tables on their outdoor patio.
PLACES TO SHOP
Brocco’s Old Barn at 19660 Arnold Drive is a traditional feed store carrying most major brands of dog food and treats as well as a few dog toys.
The Granary at 19626 Eighth Street East is a feed store and more. They carry a very broad selection of dog food and treats along with all the basics you need for your pup from collars to toys.
Sonoma Dog Camp at 1061 Broadway (across from Sonoma Valley High School) is a dog day care, grooming salon and store carrying a broad range of dog supplies and dog-related gifts. “Barrel samples” from their barrels of locally made organic dog treats are always available for your pup.
Three Dog Bakery at 526 Broadway (just off the Plaza) is a bakery and boutique that welcomes dogs for a sniff or taste test of their fancy dog treats.
Laurinda Charvat is a dog sitter who lives about a block away from the Inn and will watch dogs at her house. Her phone number is 707-287-2392
Mary Deely is a dog sitter who will dog sit onsite. Her phone number is 707-996-5465